Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: My rant for today ;)

  1. #21
    Inactive Member RavenP's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2002
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    are all online fans possessive/obsessive or is it just dh fans? and was it like this in the sg days cuase i wasn't around then. just wondering cuase it seems to me that some peeps get just a wee bit carried away with things.
    [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

  2. #22
    Dryzabone
    Guest Dryzabone's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by RavenP:
    are all online fans possessive/obsessive or is it just dh fans? and was it like this in the sg days cuase i wasn't around then. just wondering cuase it seems to me that some peeps get just a wee bit carried away with things.
    [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I used to think it was just DH fans but not anymore, I've seen it elsewhere. No idea about the sg days, I wasn't around then either.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just wanted to add...

    my above comments aren't directed towards anyone here. They are just the ramblings of a crazy mind [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Laurina:
    Just wanted to add...

    my above comments aren't directed towards anyone here. They are just the ramblings of a crazy mind [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img]
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We know that.........and we also know that you're crazy! *pokes out tongue* <---- seeing as you've used up the smiley quota *pokes out tongue again* *lol*

  5. #25
    Inactive Member woodstock_shultz's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2003
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    it really makes me sad that while the fans are finally getting some advance news/access to things yet still some people find they must complain!

    It doesn't make sense, people have been pissing and moaning about how the States and Canada were ignored during the Spin tour, and now we're getting an advance preview of the album, in areas accessible relatively easily to people living in the States or Canada (if you can co-ordinate time off and transportation) and still people feel compelled to complain...

    Actually, I feel badly for the Aussie fans, DH is from there yet those fans are not getting any opportunity to attend the listening parties, unless they want to fly to the US or England...

    obviously not everyone will be able to afford to attend or get the time off from school/work/etc in order to go -- that's life, there have been several concerts that I've wanted to go to while at school and couldn't afford to go to or couldn't get time off, I was sad for a little while and then I moved on!

    I bet that soon after the listening parties the CD will be released anyways, at which time everyone will get a chance to buy and hear it.

    Honestly, people need to remember what it was like back when the first time you heard that your favourite band/singer had released a new album was when you heard the radio playing it for the first time.

    I'm still amazed that we're getting this opportunity, especially after some people behaved in the aftermath of the Schooly thing. Sony et al could have easily decided to keep a lid on everything until the album was ready for release!

    *huggles Barb* no need to censor yourself here [img]smile.gif[/img] *points at own post* [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Crawls back to my own corner and hopefully by the time I emerge said album will be out, lol!
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*Drags Barb back out* I like you out here better [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Honestly, people need to remember what it was like back when the first time you heard that your favourite band/singer had released a new album was when you heard the radio playing it for the first time.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was thinking the exact same thing Maya! Just moments ago, while walking with my Earl Grey tea *I love Earl Grey [img]smile.gif[/img] * I had this thought "Only a few years ago I would never ever have been given this much information regarding my fave band INXS. I was grateful for anything I learnt by spotting them in magazines or hearing something on a radio station. And that was it. And I was happy with that. So... what happened? Perhaps because of this Internet Age, fans have become more greedy, and expect far more from their idols because they seem more accessible. But really, they are not more accessible.... they just appear to be.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member woodstock_shultz's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2003
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Laurina:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Honestly, people need to remember what it was like back when the first time you heard that your favourite band/singer had released a new album was when you heard the radio playing it for the first time.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was thinking the exact same thing Maya! Just moments ago, while walking with my Earl Grey tea *I love Earl Grey [img]smile.gif[/img] * I had this thought "Only a few years ago I would never ever have been given this much information regarding my fave band INXS. I was grateful for anything I learnt by spotting them in magazines or hearing something on a radio station. And that was it. And I was happy with that. So... what happened? Perhaps because of this Internet Age, fans have become more greedy, and expect far more from their idols because they seem more accessible. But really, they are not more accessible.... they just appear to be.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah, it's kind of scary how much people expect of celebs now that we've got access to "instant information" o.O

  9. #29
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    Maya, I agree with everything you said [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Laurie, I agree with you about artists feeling more accessible to their fans because of the internet, but in reality they actually are not.

    Barb, please don't ever feel the need to censor yourself here, because one of the great strengths of this board is that we really do embrace the right to free speech [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Janie xx

  10. #30
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    It would seem that it all boils down to the age-old thing of the more you (generic) get, the more you want. Some ppl are NEVER satisfied, no matter what's on offer or what they attain. [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Barb, if you don't come out of that corner voluntarily, I'll send the dogs in after you! [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] *lol*

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •